Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

THIS IS WHAT EVERYBODY MISSED.....

Suko Na!

Kiss No. 2.....
Sya, Try Ulit Natin Ito.....
Kiss No. 1....
Time To Give Me A Kiss.....
Aunty, Nakuha Ko Na.....
O, Bitawan Mo Na Kasi.....
Hijo, Pakibaba Ng Siko.....


Just when everybody had left the wedding reception venue of my niece Tonette and her husband Neil, a handful of the groom's relatives stayed over since they lived just across the newlywed couple. And because I didn't have any bed to sleep on at the ancestral house in Sta. Lucia, Manang Petty asked the newlyweds in my behalf if I could stay the night in their house. The cowboy that I am, I was glad I get to sleep on the divan at the living room. I really didn't mind though. I reckoned I would stay for a night or 2 nights at the most because by that time, some people would have eventually left the house with Monday being a day of work. Give me a bed with a tv, I'm okay. I have insomnia and the tv helps me relax so I can get some sleep. The problem is when I do find something entertaining to watch, bye bye sleep.

As I cleaned my camera, inspected my lenses and about to place them back to their cases, my niece called me out to join them in their merriment. I went out and talked to them a bit, played with my granddaughters when my niece blurted out something.

"Aunty, kunan mo kami ng picture ni Neil na umiinom. Wala yun sa reception kanina pagkatapos na mahiwa yung cake dahil walang baso at alak na binigay yung caterer."

I smacked my forehead and realized that indeed that scene didn't happen. Then I replied, "Naku, sana kahit anong baso na lang na may lamang beer ang ibinigay sa inyo para lang makunan lang kayo ng picture ng umiinom after nyo magsubuan ng cake!"

She further went on that they have talked to the caterer and expressed their displeasure when it came to that supplier's service. I also mentioned, "Sorry nakong, hindi ko na napansin na wala yun kasi naman expected ko yung coordinator mo ang magsasabi at magdi-direct.

Although I love taking pictures of events of my relatives, I came here as a guest and I started to notice that the wedding coordinator was not assertive enough in his duties. It came to a point where I had to give suggestions to Tonette for her to be the one to give the orders to the coordinator since he wasted so much time. I assume that anyone who did not know me at the reception may have mistaken me as part of the crew. And I do not want to do that. I wish suppliers will realize that a single bad recommendation can spell doom to one's business. There were just too many lapses and faults. I'm sure Neil knows how to deal with them.

So, I went back to the house and took my camera and acceded to my niece's request. I didn't really know what to do. But I saw bottles of San Mig Light and some pulutan. I have no idea what they were munching on the side but I asked them to get the plate and two bottles of beer. I ordered them to reenact the whole scene. I didn't get my "cinematic kiss". But I knew they enjoyed themselves from this exercise. And that is more important for me to capture as a photographer, the happiness on their faces.

 Hala! Magpakalasing kayong dalawa dahil kahit papaano, nairaos nyo na ang kasal nyo. Kampai! As to those who might perceive my presence at their house would spoil their honeymoon, they already have two kids! Need I say more? c",)

Thanks for letting me stay at your abode Neil and Tonette, Until next time..... Wait..... There is a next time?

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP