Powered by Blogger.

Friday, March 4, 2011

FROM FILM TO THEATER ARE 39 STEPS.....

This Poster Says It All.....


Photobucket



Michael Williams As Richard Hannay.....


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Lisa Infante-Robinson As Annabella Schmidt, The Spy.....


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Female Passenger Pamela.....

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Scottish Housewife Margaret.....

Photobucket

Photobucket




Juliane Mendoza As The Emcee.....


Photobucket

The Secret Agent.....

Photobucket

The Milkman.....

Photobucket

The Police Officer.....

Photobucket

Professor Jordan.....

Photobucket

Bogus Police Inspector.....

Photobucket

First Old Guy.....

Photobucket

Male Motel Owner.....

Photobucket

Stage Clown.....

Photobucket



Rem Zamora As Mr. Memory.....


Photobucket

The Lady Cleaner.....

Photobucket

The Train Passenger.....

Photobucket

The Highlander.....

Photobucket

Cogon Leaves.....

Photobucket

The Lady Assistant.....

Photobucket

The False Detective.....

Photobucket

Second Old Guy.....

Photobucket

Lady Motel Owner.....

Photobucket



I have always loved the musicals, especially the well known ones. During my time in London, I never got tired of watching these musicals over and over again as the production is always top notch. I saw Les Miserables thrice and Phantom of the Opera twice. Others that I have enjoyed were Rent, The King And I and Fame. Cats and Bollywood did not grow on me and I shunned these two. Perhaps it has something to do with my affinity for dogs and dislike for "noisy" production. Throughout my stay, I was able to watch just two straight stage plays, Tennessee Williams' Cat on a Hot Tin Roof which starred Brendan Frazer and JRR Tolkien's The Hobbit, which was advertised as a children's play. To my surprise, I did enjoy these two just as I enjoyed the musicals.

My time with Repertory Philippines as one of their photographers has exposed me to other materials that I haven't seen before. This blog has featured some of the plays that I have covered. But this stage adaptation of The 39 Steps from Alfred Hitchcock's thriller is the best production that I have seen so far for this year.

Hitchcock's film was a thriller but this stage adaptation written by Patrick Barlow from the novel of John Buchan has more touches of action and comedy in it. Although the production seems to involve a thousand characters, it was interesting to note that the cast is composed of four people with Michael Williams' character as Richard Hannay the solitary constant lead. Lisa Infante-Robinson played the three women who got involved with Hannay. Juliane Mendoza and Rem Zamora play every other character on the show: heroes, villains, men, women, children and even inanimate objects!

I have seen Rem act in other Repertory produced plays but I believed that he shone the brightest here, truly a scene stealer. And I am so much impressed with the way he pulled off that Scottish accent, it felt I was conversing with that Highlander! Major kudos to you my friend.

I guess I have typed a rather long insight that, I'm afraid might bore you, my dear readers if there are any. c",) For a quick glance on what the plot of this production is all about, click here.

This is after all, a photoblog, enough talking and enjoy the pictures!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP