Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

FOOD TRIPPING OF A DIFFERENT KIND.....

An Order Of Japanese Siomai.....


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Simple Jasmine Tea.....


Photobucket


Photobucket



Fruit Salad For Dessert.....


Photobucket


Photobucket



Right after a NAYON club meeting, I usually ride along with Lian or Bless from Intramuros and disembark in front of the Burger King outlet at Welcome Rotonda. I do this if I feel the need to empty my bladder or if I am hungry. Otherwise, I get off at Plaza Lawton which is were I take the ride, aircon bus or FX taxis going to Las Pinas.

I wasn't really hungry when I asked that I be dropped off at BK. I had my creative vibe going. So as soon as I stepped out of Lian's car and waved her goodbye, I walked towards the Chinese restaurant across BK and decided to take photographs of what I would eat. And one of the kinds of food that I love to eat in a Chinese restaurant are dimsum, particularly Japanese siomai if the establishment has it.

There used to be an outlet of Gloria Maris near our place. Among its line up of dimsum, it is their Japanese siomai that I love the most. Yes, this is where it all started. I'd order a cup of rice and an order of this dimsum and my tummy is happy. What is not to love? A mixture of ground pork is seasoned and crab stick is added then wrapped in nori paper then steamed to perfection! Sadly, the restaurant closed down. I guess the owners incurred losses as the restaurant occupied a big space but seemed to attract less customers. And I would not find my Japanese siomai again, unless I go to the other branches of Gloria Maris.

I can't recall the name of this restaurant. I don't even bother to read the painted sign on its doors. All I know is this is where I saw a reincarnation of my favorite dimsum. I was surprised to even see a familiar face, that of the head chef. He was the one who actually manned the defunct Gloria Maris kitchen. Once I saw him, I knew that the dishes that I once enjoyed at Gloria Maris will be the same ones that I shall taste in this new restaurant. And because the place is not a branch of the famous restaurant, the prices are way cheaper than before.

I ordered for Japanese siomai and a dessert of mixed fruit salad. Even if I wasn't really that hungry, I still had a great time. The dimsum still has the same taste and texture just as I remembered it. What got me going were the pictures I took of the food I ordered. Don't get me wrong, the food was delicious as ever. But for this visit I wanted to take photos of the food. This is a food trip that is not about food tasting, rather it is all about food as eye candy. This is, as far as I know, a different food trip.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP