Powered by Blogger.

Friday, December 15, 2006

A CHRISTMAS PARTY STORY.....

NAYON Photo club in action.....






A few days ago, the photo club that I belong to had its Christmas party held at Miramar Hotel at Roxas Blvd. I was scheduled to be an assistant of a wedding coverage that morning for Kenneth Uy, thinking the coverage will finish early and I will be able to join my club mates. But it wasn't meant to be! The coverage lasted almost the whole day and I eventually showed up around midnight. I missed most parts of the party that, by the time that I arrived, almost everyone was prepared to leave or was to exhausted that they had to sleep in the bedroom.

It's my first Christmas party with the club. And I do appreciate the fact that this club has rekindled my passion for photography. My experience with my previous camera club wasn't a pleasant one. It became so bad and disheartening to be a provisional member that I didn't have a choice but to quit. Returning to NAYON, I feel, was something I should have done earlier. Here, the ambiance is more informal and laid back. But make no mistake about it! Club members are a serious lot when it comes to photography. Things can get to be very competitive most of the time. However, each member still respect one another so bust ups are rather rare.

I missed the photo shoot! I missed the opportunity to have my picture taken and be included in the NAYON photo on the website. The theme was Hawaiian, so most of the guys wore shirts with tropical designs while the girls wore sarongs. If I was able to come early and join the shoot, I would have nothing to wear since I don't have anything that suggests "Hawaiian" in my wardrobe! But I could have "wowed" my club mates since I was determined to be a "fierce" model ala Tyra Banks (have you seen her change and project her face once a camera is right in front of her?)!

I am grateful since my club mates have become my friends. The level of friendship may not be as deep as what I have with the "PGH Girls", but I do see some people worthy enough of a more profound friendship as I get to know them even more. My prayer for these people is that they continue to be the kind of people that I sensed that they are to be.

To the officers and members of Nayon Photographer's Club, may God continue to bless each one and their respective families this holiday season. May your Christmas be Merry and your New Year be Bountiful!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP