Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

AS THE DAY MOVES ON.....

This Is The Way NOT To Take A Picture.....


Photobucket



Stained Glass Window.....


Photobucket


Chandelier.....


Photobucket


Zooming In.....


Photobucket


In Christ's Presence.....


Photobucket



Is That The Eiffel Tower?


Photobucket



Breakfast for the group was at Jollibee in Candon City, Ilocos Sur. We had our fill of McDonald's the night we set off for the trip that is why we switched fast food chains. Besides, Jollibee offered more rice meals in their breakfast menu. Otherwise it's McDonalds for me. I can't believe this has turned into a discourse about fast food restaurants, I better cut it and proceed with the storytelling.

The church of Candon sits in the middle of the town plaza which is directly across the main road and a stone's throw away from Jollibee. I have never seen the interior of this church. And from what I recall, the interior has recently been fixed and renovated.

Well, the team went right away to shoot the church after eating breakfast. The funny thing was we all started to feel sleepy after the meal. Taking pictures of the church fortunately woke us up and started the creative juice to flow. We were concerned about the time though. Our primary target was to shoot the church at Sta. Maria, the one included in the UNESCO World Heritage list. We did not want to arrive there by noon time.

What struck me with this church was the way how light illuminates the church. Even if the lights from the chandeliers were switched off, there was enough ambient light to take photos of the interior. The color palate used inside the church which was made up of pastel shades of blue and yellow made the sunlight entering the windows to bounce off the walls providing the illumination.

The altar was being prepared for I guess, a wedding ceremony. To my surprise, I saw the husband of one of my nieces. It turns out that he is a close relative to one of the parties getting married.

We didn't stay long. In fact, the shot of the exterior of the church was taken with me inside the van, hence the partial blockage of the top of the bell tower. But since this is the only shot of the facade of this church, I posted the photo. I guess I just have to bring my camera the next time I pass by Candon and get a better photo of this view. Now onwards to Sta. Maria we go.....

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP