Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

THE COLOR OF MONEY.....

The Succeeding Frames.....

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



The First Frame.....


Photobucket




My flash isn't working properly. It accidentally fell off the light stand just as I was about to raise the height of the stand during one of my strobist experiments. Strobist is a photography term coined by David Hobby to describe the use of off camera flash as a main source of light while shooting. The flash is used like a basic studio light or strobe. Light modifiers in the form of soft boxes and umbrellas are used to shape the light just like its big brother. Other accessories like barn doors, snoot and honeycombs can also be used.

Since my flash won't fire when I attached my Flashwaves wireless trigger to it, I had to device a plan to introduce light to my subject which I can also control. So I resorted to the painting with light technique. In this case, my mini led changer became my source of light for this experiment. My problem was how to control the amount of light that shall hit the subject since the torch did not have a dimmer function. What I did was place a white plastic in front of the torch and somehow occlude the light it emits by partially blocking it with the palm of my hand.

Seldom do I have this inspiration of doing some experimenting and I was on a roll. The theme for the club competition was complementary colors. In simple terms, it was just taking a picture of subjects whose colors complement one another. These combinations are red and green, blue and orange and yellow and violet.

It crossed my mind that for this theme, I shall be "using" our local paper money! And why not? If there are man made items that are colorful enough to be photographed, it is our local currency. Though my friend did mention that doing so is prohibited. I asked why and he could not give me an answer. Perhaps this has something to do with counterfeiting activities. But I am not into that. I guess this is one of those personal projects then.

The concept was to literally interpret the phrase "pocket money". I used the 20 peso bills and my jeans pocket to represent the colors orange and blue. The photos show the degree of trial and error that I had to do before I came up with decent images.

My apologies for placing the wrong year in some of the photos. I can't correct it anymore because of the way I placed the watermark. I really have to get some adequate sleep!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP