Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

VIGAN AT CHRISTMAS TIME.....

Vigan Cathedral At Christmas.....


Photobucket



With The Belfry.....


Photobucket



The Bellfry.....


Photobucket



A Closer View.....


Photobucket



Shopping For Souvenirs.....


Photobucket



Hoping For A Calesa Ride.....


Photobucket



Hagdanan Na Walang Tahanan.....


Photobucket



When I bade my relatives goodbye during my last trip, I went to Vigan to buy some Vigan longganisa to take home to eat. I also decided to buy a whole box of special bibingka as well. I do not have a photo of the longganisa since it was wrap frozen and the bibingka was polished off as soon as I arrived home. Obviously, this is where I boarded the bus heading for Manila.

I haven't seen Vigan at Christmas time. I know from past visits that Crisologo Street is a well lighted area. I became curious if the houses on this well known street have the usual Christmas decors just like any other house and shops during this time. And I wanted to see the contrast, old Spanish houses with Christmas lights blinking or even the presence of a lighted parol outside the premises.

I was disappointed that the shops were bare with the said decorations when I got there. In fact, the only sign that it was still Christmas was the presence of a decorated Christmas tree in front of Vigan Cathedral and a parol on the belfry. I guess I expected to much from this trip. Or perhaps the shopkeepers decided to remove their decors after the New Year.

I think the only way to find out is to return to Vigan next Christmas time (December) and scout the place once again.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP