Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

A MOMENT IN THE LIFE OF A CHILD.....

My Grandchild, Showing Off Her Independence.....


















Sometime last January, I went to Sta. Lucia to pay my relatives a visit and perform certain tasks required of me like paying the yearly land tax of the rice farm and selling the palay harvested to rice traders. After doing these, I always go back to Manila immediately.

Life here in the province is not what it used to be when I was a child. My generation has grown up. A few have even passed away. The kids of yesterday are now the adults of the present while those who were there to guide us are slowly disappearing one by one.

Gone were the days when we used to play basketball at the cemented court at the town plaza across the municipal hall. Gone were the days when we would sit down and do our bit of classifying tobacco leaves in order to earn some money for the summer. Gone were the days when you have all your cousins around and engage in conversations that range from the trivial and mundane to the serious and life altering.

I watched my grandchild (oh yes, I still am young but I now have lots of apos) as she enjoyed her bath. Will I still be around as this child reaches her teens?

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP