Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

WALKING ALONG THE STREETS OF MANILA.....

Simplicity.....






St. Pancratius Chapel.....






From A Distance.....






Entrance To Heaven.....






Solitary.....






Across The Pasig River.....






Plaza Lawton.....





I am used to taking long walks. Whenever I go to an unfamiliar place, I would walk a certain portion of the area, to familiarize myself to the place. For me, walking heightens my senses; my vision is more aware of my surroundings, my hearing is more attuned to the sounds of the streets and my skin reacts to the climate a lot better.

I was asked by the members of NAYON Photographers' Club to prepare some photos for a show and tell, a way of showing just what have I been shooting the past few days. I agreed to doing it except for one problem, I have not been going out to shoot these past few days! I wanted to do something different for this lecture series. I wanted to show people my growth as a photographer. I have always been a fan of black and white photography even during the days when film reigned supreme. Thus, I went out one Saturday morning to go and take a walk along the streets of Manila and shoot for this concept I had in mind to show the others. Even I was satisfied by what I took, I might go out sometime in the future again.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP