Powered by Blogger.

Friday, February 5, 2010

A TRIBUTE TO SOMEONE SPECIAL.....

The Banner That Says It All.....






Aunty Betty And Her Children.....






With Her Sister, Aunty Orang.....









The Birthday Cake.....






"Happy Birthday To You! Blow The Candles!"






"Apo, Ikaw Na Lang Ang Mag-ihip Ng Kandila!"






Table Five Guests From Santa Lucia, Ilocos Sur.....









Her Children's Children.....






















Tita Veron And Aunty Betty.....












Thank You Note.....





My Aunty Betty is a very fortunate person. I attended her 87th birthday party held at the Legend Villas in Pioneer Street in Mandaluyong. Her children, who are mostly based in the US, came home with their respective families in tow to celebrate with her. Manang Precy though came alone as her African-American husband did not make the trip with her while Manong Topeng's family came over for a vacation during the Christmas season and thus was not around this time. Aunty Betty has seven children all of whom are successful. Even her older apos are successful too. The guest list was composed of close family friends and relatives only. Even Aunty Orang, who is based abroad (I think in Norway but I'm not sure though) also came home to be with her sister and greet her.

A short program was prepared by my cousins. Manong Topeng sang some songs including his own compositions as he serenaded his mom. He also sang a duet with Manang Miriam's daughter and with his brother Manong Jun. The siblings each gave a short talk as they recounted their lives during their youth, the role of their mother in their lives and how much they were influenced by her. Manang Miriam also showed an audio visual presentation, chronicling Aunty Betty's life up until the present.

Added surprise to me was I got to see my Aunty Veron! The last time I saw her was during my niece Marianne's wedding in 2007. She went with my first degree cousins Manang Petty, Manang Aming and Manong Andy. I came to the party with kuya. It does frustrate me at times when I get to meet relatives who I really am not familiar with! Heck! Some do not even know my mother who is suppose to be the bind that links us as relatives. And because of that, I might start carrying a picture of my mother in my wallet.....if only I start using a wallet! c",)

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP