Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

FIRE IN THE SKY.....
















The fun thing about New Year's Eve is watching the sky for the fireworks display that the ordinary people put up from their houses. I remember the time when firecrackers didn't cost that much. And my adult relatives really splurged on buying these things as a source of entertainment for us kids way back then. I really wasn't into the loud sound producing variety. I have watched to much television showing injured limbs with blasted fingers when I was young, only to see it in reality when I became a nurse at PGH and had first hand encounters of treating such injuries. The loud sounding, noisy types are the major culprits for producing these injuries that I call the chicharon bulaklak. I prefer the colorful ones as it may seem more "user friendly" than the previous one that I described. The types which showcase a certain pattern or figure. It may produce a sound but it's not like the big bang noise of the bawang or superlolo. Rather, it produces a whistling sound, a sound which I can withstand without making me deaf. I may be wrong in terms of its safety but I'm basing my assumption on the fact that almost all the victims of the chicharon bulaklak injuries say that the noisy firecrackers were the main cause.

Anyway, 2008 is the year of the rat! And since I do not have a picture of a rat in my files (I have a pic of a rat that has been killed by my pet tomcat, I know it's gross so I deleted it!), I guess the most apt photos to signify New Year are images of fireworks, which I have!

And speaking of fireworks, one of the events that we photographers look forward to before is the World Pyro Olympics. It has been staged for the past two consecutive years now at the Esplanade and photographers asked each other about the news when it will return for this year. To our disappointment, it seems that it won't be held within the months of January and February. The organizers who brought the spectacle here (can't recall the company's name) said that people should wait for further developments and announcements. Hmmm, they sound like they are having problems huh! HAPPY NEW YEAR PEOPLE!!!!!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP