Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 26, 2007

CRISAN'S MASQUERADE BALL.....

The Proud Parents.....





Cake!!!!! Yummy!!!!!





The Debutant.....





A Toast.....To Your Future!





Happy Family.....





Three Generations.....





I attended a masquerade ball/debut in honor of my NAYON colleague Gigi's unica hija, Crisan last Saturday, March 24. And I was the one chosen by Gigi and Boyet (who hosted the event) to do the photography for the debutante's album. And I think Gigi was pleased with the results.

I like shooting events like weddings and birthdays, particularly if the one celebrating is someone I know like a family, a relative or a close friend. It makes me the person who watches a special moment in the celebrant's life and freezes it in time. I'd look back at my shots and see what went on during that time and tell a story about the event to people who see the pictures with me or to those who failed to attend the event. And at the end of the day, I am the one who preserves the memories and documents it. When I am gray and old, these shall be my treasures. There is no such thing as an event being "over photographed".

I know that the trend for pictures in a photo album for weddings are "glamorized shots" of the couple. These kinds of pictures are great to look at but I feel it lacks the depth and emotion of the moment. What's wrong with including a photo of crying parents, or brides? And what's also wrong in showing photos of "bizarre" behavior of friends and relatives?

Hence, shooting debuts are most welcome for me. It involves less glamorized shots and more of the in the moment as it happens type. A tear there, a smile here, a guffaw from somewhere, and all the emotions that each guest exhibits are there for the taking. And at the end of the day, it is the idea that I have participated in a celebration that has a profound meaning not only to the celebrant but the celebrant's family as well, that speaks of the joy and love that they have for each other and for me to witness it, just reinforces my belief in the goodness of mankind and that love does conquer everything.

I admire Gigi and Carlos. I don't know them that well, but I know that they are good people and are great parents to their kids. I can feel the bond the their family has for each other and that their kids are well grounded people. I truly felt privelege to see the love that they have as it unfolded before my eyes during that night.

Happy Birthday Crisan! Hope you do not forget your values that your parents have instilled in you and that your school has shaped and refined but uphold them even more. For these shall be your guide as you tread on to adulthood.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP